Thursday, February 15, 2007

More Thoughts on Life in Paradise #4

Even in paradise, people get sick, and I felt like the energy was sucked out of me on Monday and Tuesday, and stayed up all night sleepless Tuesday, starting Valentine's Day behind the curve, waiting for the roof repairman to come back and fix a leak that was still leaking. (Did you know that roofs leak in paradise?) Then we spent four-and-a-half hours shopping for such exciting things as snail bate, fertilizer, a new dishwasher (not yet purchased), new dryer vent, and the like.

Not much romance for a Valentine's Day.

Today it's "cold." If I were still living in Kansas, 58 degrees in mid-February would seem like a heat wave, but here, with a chilly damp wind and no sun, it's "cold." We still made it out the door for a six mile bike ride, bundled up with jackets and gloves. Perspective does change in paradise.

I'm finding it is hard to set aside the time to write all the things I'd really like to, but I'm making a list so I don't forget them. I'm a list champion. I have lists for everything, and without them, I'd forget more than I'd get done.

No comments: