Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My printer goes belly up

It's hard to imagine sometimes how dependent I've become on my computer -- until I have a problem with it. I wonder if there were something that automatically graphed how many hours I spend in front of it whether it would be the biggest time slot of my life. I hope not, even though I enjoy it a lot.

Last night my "trusty" Epson Color Stylus 740 contracted a "general printer error" and wouldn't work. I spent the entire evening trying to fix it (no luck) with a variety of sources of "help" including printer discussion groups on the internet. It's hard to complain. This printer has served me well for seven years. However, I'm not pleased that I just bought a slew of ink cartridges for it, and now I can't use them.

The thought of buying a new printer doesn't upset me financially, but having to decide which one to buy does. More time down the drain.

Does anybody make a printer that uses a huge black ink cartridge that's cheap? I learned from observation that some printer ink is disgustingly expensive! They sell the printers cheap and then sock you for the ink. I would certainly love to find one that is more economical to operate!

1 comment:

SimpleGuy said...

The choice of printer really depends on a few factors including how you use it, where you use it, how agreesive you use it....etc.

If i was you, i'll check whether the printer (Inkjet or laser) comes with compatible or what's known as generic brands. These are much cheaper to buy compare to OEM (original).

Otherwise, if you're comfortable, you can try remanufactured ones and you will really notice the difference in pricing.